Leading the way in energy construction
Michels has been recognized as the year’s No. 1 contractor in Pipelines and Electrical Transmission/Distribution construction, affirming our place among North America’s most elite energy and infrastructure contractors.
Based on 2019 construction revenue, the rankings are part of the 2020 Top 400 Sourcebook published by Engineering News-Record, a leading publication for the engineering and construction industry.
“These rankings are a testament to our people, who tirelessly provide the energy and infrastructure needed to propel our nation forward,” said Pat Michels, President and CEO. “From our crews in the field to our project managers and support teams, we are honored to share our customers’ vision for the safe, reliable delivery of our necessary services.”
As demonstrated by the breadth of our rankings on the list, Michels is one of North America’s largest, most diversified contractors:
- 1, Pipelines (Petroleum)
- 1, Transmission and Distribution (Power)
- 4, Transmission Lines (Manufacturing, Telecom)
- 6, Sanitary and Storm Sewers (Environment)
- 7, Petroleum
- 11, Power (Power)
- 12, Highways (Transportation)
- 17, Sewerage and Solid Waste (Environment)
- 49, Transportation
- 49, Water Supply (Environment)
- 175, Top 250 International Contractors