Michels Career Fair offers 'opportunities for everyone'
Jesse Reuter and Jackie Schultz reflect on working at Michels.
Meet our team on Feb. 19 in Brownsville
Jackie Schultz and Jesse Reuter didn’t know what to expect at Michels Career Fair, but both found meaningful career changes.
A year later, Jesse is a welder/fabricator in Michels’ Brownsville yard, busily building mud rigs, conveyor systems and customized equipment for one of North America’s largest, most diversified utility contractors. Jackie is an assistant administrator for Michels Pipeline Construction’s HSE Department. Michels is the largest pipeline contractor in the United States.
“One of the best things about Michels is that there are opportunities for everyone: those who work directly in construction and those who support all of the operations from coast to coast,” Jackie said.
Michels will add to our talented team at a Career Fair on Thursday, Feb. 19 at the Brownsville Community Center, 871 W. Main St. Once again, we hope to meet people with a variety of skills. Among currently available positions are: trailer mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, truck mechanic, welder, OTR driver, warehouse, concrete laborer, quarry laborer, utility laborer, heavy equipment operator, quad axle driver, detailer, sand blaster, tire technician, administrative assistant, project manager/estimator, IT professional and buyer/purchasing agent.
The Career Fair will be held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Everyone who attends the Career Fair will have direct contact with Michels staff members. Candidates whose qualifications match current openings will be interviewed on site.
Tips for making the most of your time at the Michels Career Fair
- Fill out an application online at www.michelscareers.us before attending the Career Fair
- Bring printed copies of your resume with you
- Learn about Michels and be prepared to discuss ways in which you can have a positive impact on the company
- Research open positions and pinpoint a few that particularly interest you
- Have a positive attitude and don’t get discouraged. To keep up with our explosive growth, Michels is continually adding new positions. Even if there is not an immediate match between your background and our current openings, don’t give up hope of becoming a member of our team – and keep checking www.michelscareers.us!