Michels joins Green Tier program
Based on our commitment to environmental stewardship and to reducing our environmental impact, Michels has been accepted into the Wisconsin Green Tier program. Green Tier is administered by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and recognizes organizations for superior environmental performance and commitment beyond regulatory requirements.
At Michels, we recognize that sustainable operations effectively balance positive economic, environmental and social benefits. Becoming a member of Green Tier is recognition of that commitment. Environmental excellence is part of Michels’ core values and is demonstrated by our people on a daily basis. As a Green Tier member, Michels is recognized for our past accomplishments and our future efforts.
Michels’ Green Tier goals for 2016 include:
- Reducing idling time by 10 percent across all divisions
- Reducing our hazardous waste generation
- Reducing our solid waste stream
- Continuing to reduce our energy use
- Continuing to purchase high efficiency or Energy Star rated equipment
- Adding to our fleet of hybrid and/or alternative fuel vehicles.
- Developing and implementing an Environmental Management System.
Protecting and maintaining the environment is an integral part of Michels’ operations. As a result, our employees are able to enjoy our natural resources when they aren’t building and maintaining our nation’s infrastructure.