Working on, in and around water
Michels Construction, Inc. is the premier, go-to contractor for a providing collaborative, value-engineered solutions in complex marine environments. We have the experience, capabilities, capacity, and equipment required to tackle projects of all sizes, including many large-scale projects simultaneously. Our commercial divers, surveyors, construction crews and project management teams are among the industry's best. Our in-house engineering staff works to ensure the development and implementation of technically sound design solutions, including the incorporation of value engineering whenever possible.
Before we start any water and land-based activities, we develop detailed site-specific safety plans to keep safety at the forefront of all operations. Our divers are trained and certified, our equipment and diving gear is meticulously maintained and tested, and our plans include the necessary redundancies to minimize risks.
Michels makes significant, ongoing investments to ensure our divers and marine construction crews have the safest, most efficient tooling to tailor unique solutions for each project.
Michels Construction's marine crews build and maintain the specialty mechanical, structural and natural components of marine projects and environments.
- Construction and environmental remediation of reservoirs and wetlands
- Gate installation and repair
- Cofferdam installation
- Concrete construction and maintenance
- Cap and cover installation
- Lock and dam repair
- Scour and erosion repair
- Environmental capping
- Island building
- Riprap and armor stone (USACE-approved provider)
- Dock walls
- River and stream bank remediation
- Shoreline and beach restoration
Our experienced, certified commercial divers combine highly technical skills, customized underwater solutions and a safety-first mindset.
- Hydroelectric owner, FERC, and emergency inspections and surveys
- Hydroelectric underwater maintenance
- Intake cleaning, and inspections
- Trash rack replacements and repairs
- Invasive species remediation
- Underwater welding and cutting
- Non-destructive testing
- Concrete repairs
- Undermining and scour repair
- Pipeline decommissioning
- Pile jacket installation
- Intake pipe construction & inspection
- ROV capabilities
- Salvage and ship husbandry
Michels Construction's marine crews use precision hydraulic and mechanical dredging to facilitate maintenance, restoration and environmental remediation projects.
- Fully transportable fleet of equipment utilizing cutting-edge technology
- Minimized impact, amphibious equipment for work within sensitive areas
- Customized solutions for difficult-to-access sediment and soil deposits
- Beneficial reuse of extracted material capabilities
We use highly technical equipment to provide invaluable information and models of underwater conditions.
- Single-beam acoustic bathymetry
- Multi-beam acoustic bathymetry
- Side-scan sonar
- 2D and 3D acoustic imaging
- Inspection class ROV with video, acoustic imaging and manipulator
- RTK, GPS and PPK positioning solutions