Starting you on the right track
Michels recognizes that you need to use the delivery method that is right for your project. In addition to traditional design-bid-build, Michels has completed numerous alternative delivery projects via alternative delivery methods, including design-build, progressive design-build, public-private partnership (P3), engineering procurement and construction (EPC), and early contractor involvement. This experience provides value by streamlining design and construction, offering more innovation opportunities, and enhancing communication.
Alternative delivery projects are successful when the design and construction teams are integrated from the start. Michels partners with owners during preconstruction on complex contracts to mitigate challenges. This early contractor involvement leads to better functionality. Our commitment to an integrated team includes those involved on a daily basis to those whose daily routines are affected by a project. We view alternative delivery as a way for you to receive the benefits of the ingenuity and creative collaboration of the designer and builder while still having control over the process and achieving your overall goals established with stakeholders.
All operations are supported by experienced leadership teams and a fleet of more than 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment. Michels' experienced crews and reliable equipment are ready for quick deployment from coast to coast for planned projects and emergency response work.
- Single source of accountability
- Expedited project completion
- Value engineering/alternative technical concepts incorporated throughout the process
- Consistent teamwork and collaboration between Owner, design and construction
- Early Contractor Involvement (ECI)
- Progressive Design-Build
- P3 (Public-Private Partnership)
Check out some of our successful Michels Design-Build projects:
- McOrmond Drive Sanitary & Sewer
- 16th Ave Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation
- Big Lake W14
- 110 N. Carpenter -McDonald's Corporate Headquarters
- St. John's River Crossing, HDD Water
- Tualatin Interceptor & Siphon Improvements